LAVENDER ALMOND COOKIES
- 2 ½ cups Almond Meal Flour
- 1 cup of slivered Almonds-toasted
- 2 Tbsps. Dried Lavender Flowers
- ½ Tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp. organic Baking Soda
- ½ cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Organic Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp. organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsps. Finely grated Lemon Zest
Mix all the dry ingredients together, the almond meal flour, toasted slivered almonds, lavender flowers, sea salt and baking soda, in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients, the olive oil and honey, vanilla and lemon zest.
Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Roll the mixture into a log on a piece of wax paper, place in freezer for one hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove log from freezer and cut in slices (about 1 in thick) and place on cookie parchment papered cookie sheet. (If you don’t have parchment paper you can use copy paper or notebook paper). Place in oven and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes (oven temps may vary).
Recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies.